Jump in the water with the Venture Sharks at our prelims event!
Venture Connectors has chosen nine semifinalists to compete in the preliminary round of our 10th annual Venture Sharks™ business competition! During the event, all nine entrepreneurs will present their business plans to a panel of savvy investor sharks fishing for the next great deal. The field will be narrowed to four finalists, who will then vie for cash and prizes at Venture Connectors’ regular monthly lunch on May 1. Doors open at 4:30 p.m., and pitches start at 5 p.m.
The semifinalists are:
- Concussion Triage, a concussion baseline development tool and telemedicine service
- Gluconfidence, a convenient source of fast-acting, concentrated glucose for people with diabetes
- Jensen Dynamics, developer of a mechanical battery for use in solar Installations and backup emergency power generation
- Kare Mobile Inc., developer of a mobile application that connects patients to dentists and a mobile dental unit that provides concierge-style dental services
- ParkBot, a near-fully automated automated license plate reader (ALPR) parking enforcement system geared toward universities
- Pascal Tags LLC, the first completely passive inventory tag allowing for identification without a chip or battery
- Prodigy Biosciences, rapid tableside food testing device that will specifically detect traces of peanuts in food samples
- The Read Read, the first device that allows children and adults with visual impairments and blindness to independently learn and practice phonics and braille
- Stacks Mobile LLC, a social savings app designed to makes short-term saving simple